Saturday, May 10, 2008

Good Bloom


I chose Goodbloom's store because it's simplicity and neatness. Her prints are simple, yet have this funkyness to them that makes them unique. I would love it if they were 12 x 12 scrapbook paper. Here is some more info about Goodbloom straight from the seller herself. Make sure you check out her etsy shop and blog.


About my store: I sell retro flower paintings and ACEOs. I got interested in painting while doing some artwork for my girl's room, which was also flowers, and it has grown from that. I love to use bright happy colors most of the time, with a little drab color thrown in to make the colors pop. I will probably start adding some other things to my store besides flowers soon, though, as I'd like to experiment with other things too. But flowers will still be the meat and potatoes of what I sell.

What inspires your art? For my flowers, I try to doodle regularly to keep the ideas flowing. I get inspiration from lots of different places too, though, such as a photo on a blog or something. Things that have patterns, especially. For my colors, I love to look at decorating catalogs like Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel to get inspiration. 

Advice for other etsy store owners: Well, since I've only been on Etsy for 2 weeks now, I think I'm the one that needs the advice!!! But if I were to talk to someone about to open a store, I would tell them to research like crazy. I am learning so many new things about operating a small business that I had no idea went on. And I've also been learning that you can't just open your shop and sit back and wait for the sales to start pouring in. You have to really put your store out there for others to see in lots of different places. That's what I'm learning so far!

No comments: