Saturday, May 10, 2008

Twisted Figures Mixed Media Art


My next etsy shop feature is Twisted Figures Mixed Media Art. I can not even say how much I love this artists work. As soon as I seen it I knew this would be one of the features. I guess because it is so me. The colors, the style, the quality. It's just adorable and each one is so different. This is also a new etsy shop, and I predict she will have great success with her wonderful art. Here is some more info straight from the seller.


My Etsy shop consists of Whimsical Mixed Media Paintings and Portraits. I just opened my store the beginning of last month and I have had 1 sale(woo hoo). I am very excited about the opportunities Etsy offers me as an artist and I find it very user friendly. Since I am new to Etsy, I often frequent the community section to learn as much as I can on how to promote my shop. I am discovering that my fellow artists on Etsy are so inspiring and helpful. I cannot believe how much support I have received in such a little amount of time.

I have always created as long as I can remember in some capacity or another. As a child, I used to sit down and draw all day long. As the years went by, I stopped drawing but never stopped creating. I got into Scrapbooking, Decorating, Altering and just about every craft you can think of. The beginning of this year I decided to start drawing again and to do the unthinkable...pick up a paint brush! Since then, I have been a sponge learning as much as I can about painting, portraits and mixed media in general. I feel like I am doing what I was meant to do. My art is mostly inspired by the things I experience with my son and daughter and my journey of self discovery. When I'm painting, I try not to think too much and just let my instincts take over. Sometimes I have so many ideas, its hard to get them all down on my sketch pad, but I am really enjoying this new journey in my life and can't wait to see where it leads me.

My advice for other Etsy store owners is learn as much as you can by going to the community section of Etsy, Join an Etsy group (I belong to VAST-Visual Art Street Team), ask lots and lots of questions, figure out who your target buyers are and definitely start an Art Blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelli,
Thank you so much for the kind words about my art. It really means a lot to me...thanks again!
Shonna