Friday, July 25, 2008

Dabbling In Digital

I played around a little in Photoshop Elements today, I'm really just trying to get the basics down. Cutting, pasting, drop shadows, rotating. I've pretty much got that all down. What I would really like to do is figure out how to make my own digital patterned paper and embellishments. If anyone has any ideas or site references let me know! I downloaded The Promise Collection from shabbyprincess.com and played around with it a little just moving things around and stuff. It's not finished, but you can kind of get an idea. Please post in the comment section if you have any digital scrapbook reference sites you enjoy.







4 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Very pretty! You're doing a great job. One of my favorite places for digi is Peppermint Creative. :)

Courtney DeLaura said...

wow for dabbling that is pretty darn awesome! seriously... great digi layout.

Courtney

Sandra Collins said...

awesome page!!

Creative Junkie said...

That is a fantastic page, especially for someone who is a beginner! You did great!

I recommend DST (digishoptalk.com) as a general site to belong to.

There are tons of wonderful tutorials at scrapbook-bytes.com, as well as digiscrappingtutorials.com. The best site for learning how to become a designer (for papers and such) no longer exists, but I know Amanda Rockwell at scrapartist.com is offering a class and there's always digitalscrapbookplace.com for classes. I don't think the digi board at 2peas is very active anymore? I know Jessica Sprague has some classes as well.