Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dressed to Impress


Yesterday was a very laid back day. I spent most of the day working on travel plans for Chicago. Making a list of places we want to see and do and trying to plan what days to go where. So far so good. 
I'm also about to start work on some dress forms that I got at a local scrapbook store. I'm trying to decide if I should use the acrylic medium I have, or if I should try Mod Podge. Any suggestions? Send me a message.
I'm also excited to go to Chicago because they are having a art display on the Magnificent Mile called Where Fashion Blooms. There's about 20 decorated dress forms on Michigan Ave. Some with flowers, some with beads. You can see a picture of one CLICK HERE. Isn't that amazing??? I can't wait.
I'm also headed to a late night crop at the scrapbook tree tomorrow night to work on the sketch challenges from pencillines.com and sketch this. Have a great Thursday, I'm off to work until 4.

7 comments:

Orgo Cosmetics said...

OOoh, that looks great! :) I love your banner, too! I have a chihuahua named Grendel! (You can see pics of him on my blog, too!)

Here is my Sweet Body etsy shop link:
http://sweetbody.etsy.com

My shop is all handmade soaps, scrubs and balms!

Anonymous said...

Hello! You have a neat blog, what a cute pup! I would love to be a part of your blog promo that you mentioned on etsy!

shop: CheyLoCreations
my shop url is: http://cheylocreations.com
Description: I make cute and convenient baby and toddler items, like the BeeB Along Baby Carrier, reusable cloth wipes, paci keepers, burp cloths, and little lovies. I believe parenting and the gear that comes with it should be fun, and functional!

Anonymous said...

Great blog... i need to actually get my blog going again:(

my etsy shop is all hand made clay creations..
ceramic pendants /buttons and beads plus soapdishes magnets and miniatures

http://muddymuse.etsy.com

SweetB said...

I think that is a neat idea to have a contest to fix the dress forms up I wish I could enter! I also love to scrap book and started a long time ago and have huge Christmas,Easter and Birthday Albums but alas not wonderful like your because I was consummened with putting tons of pictures on each page because I hated to spend money on the album pages! My shop is sweetb.etsy.com and I would consider it an honor to be featured. Thanks Barb

CuteAndSweet Designs said...

I was just in Chicago and saw all the dress forms...they were amazing!

Cuteandsweet
http://cuteandsweet.etsy.com
I make simple little clippies, fun woven headbands, and cute critters for the hair.

Ravenswick said...

Love the picture of your chihuahua. My sister-in-law has 3 of them! I would use acrylic medium for your dress forms--my experience has been it always works better than mod podge. Have fun in Chicago!

My shop info:
Art by MAR
http://artbymar.etsy.com

I create colorful paintings and art pendants.

Anonymous said...

Love to visit your blog, it gets better every time!
Great work.